Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Just Another Day in the Dark with a Dying Cockroach

The electricity was out again when I got home yesterday. I worked on my computer until it died, studied a little by the light of a candle, and went to bed early like everyone else. And I really have started to ignore cockroaches: they fall off the ceiling onto their backs in my room, and lay there twitching because they can't turn over. Most of the time I just leave them where they are until they die, then clean up, although sometimes I brush them away with a broom.

Not much news for you. I've been studying and going out and trying to spend time with family. Leaving in a week! I'm not sure, now that the time is coming so soon, that I will be able to. It is just now that I feel great about being here, I adore my family and I've made some fantastic friends. If it weren't for those I'm dying to see in the U.S., and pesto-muenster paninis at school, I might stay here for another semester. However, as it is I am definitively finishing up my final days here (sad). 

Happy January 9th! (for no reason at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment