Monday, September 10, 2012

Au Premier

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the obligatory blog of my study abroad experience. I hope to share my thoughts and adventures with you as I learn in an unknown environment. I am beginning with a little note about me before I leave, so you can know what to expect. I will do my best to post somewhat regularly, but I'd rather be out learning another mode de vie than writing in a blog all the time, so it probably won't be super often. And while my blog shall not be in French (an exception to my language pledge, to communicate with friends and family), I will be adding phrases en français every once in a while, for fun and as I learn local expressions. I'm very nervous about speaking French for the whole semester but I know that my language skills shall improve greatly.

A scene of what I will be missing in Montana, my home state (mostly to make sure I know how to add pictures to this thing because they are très important):
National Bison Range, Montana

And in Maine, where I go to school and where I spent last summer:
Boat ride to Squirrel Island, Maine

Those of you who know me well know that I love to cook (and eat), and will be expecting (I assume correctly so) many pictures of food. I'm hoping to learn about the local agriculture while I'm there, so food is definitely on my short list of cultural enterprises I hope to share with you. 

Right now I'm in Montana, running around gathering the last of my supplies for the trip. I've registered with the State Department, gotten gifts for my host family, and figured out how to vote from abroad in the November U.S. elections. Still have to treat the mosquito net I now have, and to pack. Five days to go!

1 comment:

  1. yay Shannon, this is so exciting! :) speaking French all the time will become second nature before you know it. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete